Call Ed "The Tech Guy"
I can make it work!
I do computer
service & Repair in your home (COVID RESTRICTIONS APPLY) or remotely in Mount Airy,
Germantown, and the Chestnut Hill neighborhoods of
Philadelphia. I also offer remote assistance to anywhere
in the US including virus removal, optimizing, securing
wireless networks, coaching, etc...
Help you or just do it:
- Windows Updates, Optimize, Upgrades, Backups, and Restoring
- Spyware, Malware, and Virus Removal
- Help you pick out and or Install and configure your new Windows PC
- Get your printer, email, and web working and optimized
- Get your new programs installed and working
- Coaching on using your computer and programs
- Secure and or install your wireless router
- Other types of tech jobs possible
- Home or Remote Assistance only
- Home or Small Office users only
- Service Area is Mount Airy, Germantown, Chestnut Hill, and vicinity
- If I can't fix it there will not be a charge
- $35 Minor Remote Assistance < 1 hour
- $55 House call and or Remote Assistance < 2 hours
- $25 per hour additional
PC Recommendations and comments:
consider it necessary to have an UN-interruptible power supply
(UPS) and router (standard or wireless)
on all installations. Most DSL / FIOS / Cable modems have a router or WiFi built in to them.
I like to stick with the free spyware programs,
antivirus and the firewall
that is built into windows. These
are the no cost programs, and when use in conjunction with the
router and good user common sense, offer very good security.
believe your data (favorites, emails, desktop, my documents,
etc) are the most important part of your PC.
These need to be backed up on a regular basis. You can always replace your PC and
programs, but your data will be lost forever.
It’s not if your computer crashes, it’s when.
- Optimizing includes installing all
the windows updates, latest drivers, deleting extra programs,
and checking for malware.
believe in working your issues to completion no matter how
long it takes. With remote assistance it is easy to
correct overlooked issues or add items, at your convenience
without having to come back on site.
I have been in the communication business over 30 years.
Computer service, repair, and remote assistance in Colorado for 5
years. I started with DOS and a 8080 computer in 1978.
I have evolved through each computer and operating system, built
many computers and enjoy just getting them to work efficiently for
me and for you, the user. I now am running Windows 11
with great success. My phone of choice is Android.
Please call or email
me for a quote. I
primarily work with software, setup, and upgrades.
I can also do repairs. Should your hardware be
defective or is inadequate to do the job, I will turn the work
into a no charge assessment.
113 W Mount Airy Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19119